Christmas Gift Ideas
- From The Heart
By Joyce C. Lock
- Invite those who's families are away, for a
get-together on Christmas evening; to eat goodies, sing carols,
and just visit (giving some a sense of family and something to
look forward to).
- Run errands for shut-ins.
- Volunteer to serve food at a shelter.
- Take someone, who can't drive, Christmas
- Share your Christmas meal with a widower.
- Do volunteer work at the hospital.
- Help a depressed person through the
- Let a latch key kid stay with you until a
- Help a homeless person find shelter.
- Clean house for a recovering surgery
- Help the elderly put up decorations.
- Visit an invalid to give the caretaker a
- Welcome a foster child or veteran into your
- Donate blood or bone marrow.
- Adopt a grandparent.
- Sing Christmas carols to those who can't
- Share extra coats or clothing with someone
- Keep in contact with someone alone or not
- Tutor someone in school or teach someone to
- Shovel snow for the elderly or disabled.
- Help someone needing roadside assistance.
- Be the listening ear for someone with
- Pick up someone who needs a ride to church.
- Become a big brother or big sister.
- Leave disabled parking vacant.
- Offer the plan of salvation.
- Allow your home to be a shelter for the
- Share your talents to assist others.
- Volunteer at a pro-life clinic.
- Pray for others,
- And many more!
It isn't the size of the budget. It's the size
of the heart.
If you open your eyes to other' needs, God
will show you a need. And, when He does, chances are He's calling
you to do something about it, De. 10:14.
The giver receives the greater blessing.
© by Joyce C. Lock
Joyce C. Lock founded and maintains the email ministries
"Heavenly Inspirations" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HeavenlyInspirations/
and "Share a Smile" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smilesharing/.
She also has a published e-book, "The Difference", which
can be purchased here: http://www.theeaglesgarden.com/
~ Ad Rates
Copyright 2000-2004 Mom2MomList.com